Tuesday, June 8, 2010

AFRICAN SUNSETS and SUNRISES


We were up before dawn every day - came back at mid-day - left again at 3:30 and didn't return to camp until after sunset. Needless to say, I took quite a few photos of the terrain. I like this one because there was one cloud in the sky and was right above the sunset.






I love this one too because of the crescent moon but on a small photo you can't see it too well ... click on it and enlarge it so you can see the lovely moon.







This is one of my favorites - taken across a river with reflections of the trees and brush - and with the crescent moon.










We had cocktails at a lovely hotel on the Zambezi where my sister had stayed before and as we were leaving, I turned and took this gorgeous scene.







We took two boat trips down the Zambezi River - I photographed this sunset over a period of about 10 minutes but I think this is the best photo of them all.








This is just a photo of brush and trees, taken on the way back to camp after the afternoon safari. The entire sky was pink and it was breathtaking.








Can you imagine waking up to this every morning? Haze over the river, sunlight streaming through the trees. This was at Rattrays, Mala Mala.

No comments:

Post a Comment