Monday, June 7, 2010

BIRDS

We saw so many birds everywhere we went ... only a few names stand out in my memory so I'm just going to post photos here and you can enjoy looking at them ... some you may recognize.


This was a really fascinating bird to me. It's a Nightjar. It lies on the dirt road, completely motionless, at night and when a bug flies above, it leaps up and catches it. With those big eyes, you know its night vision is excellent.































































































































































































This is a lilac breasted roller - magnificent coloring.











We saw several different eagles - large and small - but this isn't one of them .. it's a hawk.








This is a crested eagle. (Easy to see why I remembered the name)








Another eagle high in the tree-tops but I don't remember what kind it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment